Our mission statement is, “Sawyer Public School’s purpose is to educate all students through a balanced curriculum and programs that prepare them to be productive citizens. This includes challenges to develop independent and creative thinking as well as the demonstration of academic, technical, and social skills and an appreciation of the fine arts.” Our philosophy is that the educational program of the Sawyer Public School is directed toward encouraging each student in grades K-8 to reach the highest level of achievement possible within the scope of his abilities during enrollment.
- Providing the student an opportunity for the desire to learn.
- Affording the student opportunity to gain an appreciation for life and respect for the varied ability levels of people.
- Presenting subject matter and experiences that will enable the student to gain a satisfactory educational background making ongoing educational inquiries successful.
- Providing the student opportunity for increasing fundamental academic skills.
- Enabling the students to discover personal skills and to inspire each to work to the best of his ability, yet realizing learning can come from a failed experience.
- Aiding the student
If you cannot fully access the information on any web page of this site, please let us know the accessibility issue you are having by contacting Tom Warman, Principal, at (701)624-5167 or by email at Thomas.Warman@k12.nd.us. We will try to provide the information to you in an alternate format and/or make the necessary improvements to make the information accessible. If you would like to file a formal grievance under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, you may contact our Section 504 coordinator, Wayne Trottier, Superintendent, at 25 1st Avenue SW, Sawyer, ND 58781, (701)624-5167, or by email at Wayne.Trottier@k12.nd.us.